Accessibility Statement for Farndale Parish Council
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
Measures to support accessibility
Farndale Parish Council takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Farndale Parish Council:
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Farndale Parish Council is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Farndale Parish Council. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Farndale Parish Council:
- Phone: 01751430028
- E-mail: email@example.com
We try to respond to feedback within 3/4 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Farndale Parish Council is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- NVDA (NonVisual Desktop Access)
- JAWS (Job Access With Speech)
- Mac OS VoiceOver function
- MOZILLA Keyboard Navigation
- CHROME Keyboard Navigation
- One Click Accessibility offers various additional accessibility features
Accessibility of Farndale Parish Council relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Farndale Parish Council assessed the accessibility of Farndale Parish Council by the following approaches:
- Also tested with WAVE (web accessibility evaluation tool)
How accessible this website is
Some parts of this website may not be fully accessible:
- some PDF documents may not be fully accessible to screen reader software
- some video and audio streams may not have captions
- some text and links may have poor colour contrast
- maps may be difficult to navigate using screen reader software
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format contact us and tell us:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need, for example, audio CD, braille, BSL or large print, accessible PDF
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us using the details at the bottom of this website.
This statement was created on 8th June 2022.