RULES AND REGULATIONS
- That this Society shall be called the “Farndale Agricultural, Horticultural & Industrial Society.”
- That Subscribers of £5.00 and upwards to be deemed members of the Society and for every £5.00 subscribed be allowed one Ticket of admission. Vice-Presidents subscription is £20.00.
- That all subscriptions must be paid not less than one week before the Show.
- That all specimens must be the bona fide property of the exhibitor and shall have been in possession of the exhibitor at least one month immediately preceding the day of exhibition.
- That in case a protest be made against any person infringing Rule 4 the person protesting must give prior notice before 3 p.m. on the day of the exhibition to the Secretary in writing and pay the sum of £1 which shall be forfeited if the objection not be sustained. Prize money shall be withheld pending investigation, and if the charge be proved the exhibitor shall forfeit all premiums and be dealt with as the Committee may decide. The decision of the Committee to be final.
- That all specimens for exhibition be, without fail, brought into the tent, ticketed for the classes in which they intend to compete by 10.00 am and remain until 4 pm.
- That all Entries must be made on the Entry Forms not less than 16 clear days before the exhibition. Entry Forms must be completed and returned to the Class Secretary. Entry Forms will not be accepted unless accompanied with Entrance Money.
- That the Judges have power to withhold prizes from specimens they may deem of insufficient merit.
- That all exhibitors provide their own bottles, dishes and stands.
- Exhibitors of Ferrets to provide boxes.
- The Prize Money to be paid on the Exhibition Day by the Treasurers except in undecided protests.Time and place for distribution to be posted in the tent.
- That the Exhibition is open to all Cottagers, Amateurs and Farmers except where otherwise stated.
- An Amateur shall be understood as one who has superintended the cultivation of all specimens exhibited by him; who does not employ any person regularly to act in the capacity of gardener.
- That the Committee will not be responsible for damage to or loss of exhibits, but all possible care will be taken to prevent accidents to them. All entries received subject to these conditions.
- That Judges commence their duties as in schedule
- That during the Judging of the Agricultural, Horticultural and Industrial Exhibits no one except the Secretary and those appointed shall be allowed in the tent.
- The Committee will not be responsible for the conveyance of exhibits to and from the Show Field.
- The Challenge Cups to be returned to the Secretary not later than the closing date each year. All Cup winners to have their names engraved at their own expense.
- All cattle to be Attested. An animal to be deemed a Cow after calving 2nd calf.
- Local Classes to cover residents of: Farndale, Rosedale, Bransdale,Westerdale, Hutton-le-Hole, Gillamoor and Fadmoor.
- All prize money not claimed within 21 days will be returned to Show funds.
The welfare of all animals and livestock is paramount. Any animal seen to be poorly or ill treated either on show day or prior to the show will be disqualified from entry and asked to leave the show field. The committees decision will be final.
All Livestock and Trade stall holders should be aware of the need to arrange Public Liability Insurance to at least a cover of £5,000,000 in respect of their attendance at the show, and confirm cover to include indemnity to show organisers.The Committee will not hold itself responsible for any loss, damage or accident whatsoever which may be sustained by acompetitor, attendant, members of the public, entry or exhibit, motor or other vehicle or trade stand. All stall holders/traders to provide sight of public liability insurance cover, where necessary.
- The committee cannot be held responsible for any accidents.
- All cheques and Postal Orders to be made payable to Farndale Show Society.